Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feist Heists my Heart


Feist gives me meist.

I don't know if Feist just put out two different covers for her "Let It Die" album, but this is the image iTunes grabbed for me.

And I just noticed how brilliant it is as an album cover.

When I saw this, I immediately believed in its ideal romance- the man's lips are, ever so gently, kissing our lady's high and graceful cheekbone. His eyes are shut, too busy savoring the moment to let any other senses work. The red color and dark contrast convey a moment of intimacy, and the white text brings our eyes down to her lips, which are open- and just, as if she were inhaling from surprise (think back on your own kisses- do we not inhale?). Then... then! The meaning of the words begins to dawn, and suddenly the entire picture becomes entirely depressing. Her eyes are wide open, looking to a future away from his touch. She is not savoring but allowing the moment. The previously intimate red transforms into a threatening shade and overwhelms the innocent "Feist" that trembles upon her skin- his entire soul in this little act of love- as she exhales a little command under her breath, so short in length and ignorable in size, but devastating, "Let it die."

Thus spurring listeners to anticipate songs that are cautiously honest...

Ahh! I want this to be a poster, and I want it on my wall. So deceptively simple. If this isn't the album cover, it really should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment